söndag 9 mars 2014

What about the feeling? Can Sony compare to Leica?

I have lived with my new Sony A7 for a few weeks now. I got an adapter for my Leica lenses, but I have to admit I hardly use it. Manual focusing just doesn't work that well for me. Without Leicas rangefinder, I prefer to let my camera take care of focusing.
The big question for me is if the Sony/Sonnar combo really can compete with the excellent image quality I did get from my M9 with the amazing Summarit 90 and 35mm:s. There is something in the CCD sensor that just blows me away.
Here is just one example of what the Leica can do with a Summarit.



California,USA

The Leica mage is amazing in it´s quality and colors. But so far I´m more than happy with the result from the Sony. I have not made poster size prints, but I will order a few next week. From what I see on the screen, the colors, sharpness and bokeh are world class. No wonder that the Sonnar 55mm has been dubbed a Zeiss Otus lite. I can honestly say that the lens outperforms Leicas standard Summicron 50mm easily and it can rival Leicas legendary Summilux 50m.
What I have yet to determine is if the combo can deliver the same level of crispiness as the Leica. I know it´s close, but not 100% sure its on par.
Have a look here and judge for yourself.






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar